Tuesday 2 September 2014

When It Rains, It Pours. A story about one woman trying to make the best out of a bad situation

How bad could it be, you ask? Well, I don't want to spend this entire story complaining about how hard life is - "oh whoa is me" style. So, I'll just sum it up and spit it out. I am a server in Vancouver. I live with my boyfriend, I mean my ex-boyfriend. We broke up 10 days before our trip to Europe. We took the same plane but separate trips and I returned home with amazing memories and empty pockets. (I know what you're thinking - lucky bitch went to Europe, what the hell is she complaining about?) I come home, we still live together and we work together. It's awkward. Once best friends and lovers, now strangers sharing space like ghosts on an abandoned ship. Then, I break my foot. I can't work, I have no money in savings and I have to move next week. I don't have anywhere to live, I can't pay rent, I cant pay movers.  Every day I go home and am reminded of the hopes and dreams we once had. Dreams that will never become a reality. We exchange simple niceties, which tear up my insides like a runaway lawnmower. My son is turning 7 in two weeks and I can't throw him a party or buy him a present. My car insurance is up for renewal on the same day and it needs AirCare. My car is standard and I can't drive it with my broken foot. With these crutches, I can't even carry my cup of tea to the table, how am I supposed to pack up my apartment? The negativity builds and builds and I'm crushed by it's compounding weight. Holy shit, life can be really hard sometimes. I consider myself a pretty positive person but even I am not immune to dark times. So, I throw myself a pity party and really wallow in this pit of doom and gloom for a few days. It's the only place I want to be. But what kind of motivational health coach would I be if I stayed there? So I'm choosing to change my attitude and find some solutions.

Albert Einstein said: "In difficulty comes opportunity."
Hell yes, Albert, I can do this.

So, this is what I am going to do. I'm going to take help from my amazing friends because that's what friends are for. I'm not going to feel weird about it because if the tables were turned, I would help them too. I'm going to write about it. It just feels good. Maybe it will help somebody else going through a hard time, for now, it sure helps me. I'm going to take this kick in the ass from the Universe and finally get my Nutrition business up and running. I have been a Holistic Nutritionist for almost a year now but I haven't done much with it. It's been very hard to leave my job at the restaurant. Until now. I get it Universe, I'm listening. It can be really scary to take a chance on something new. I'm absolutely terrified and I kind of like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment